Thursday 17 May 2012

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Sorcerer's Stone) Book #1 by J.K Rowling



  • Summary: Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy.  He lives with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs.  Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed for ever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! 
  • Rating:       
  • Pages: 223
  • Publication Date: 26 June 1997
  • My Review:  Hmmm... Where should I start? This could take hours! This book is so enjoyable, personally I think it could be for all ages. This is the first of seven books of the Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling. As Harry adventures through the wizarding world, classes, creatures, mischief, you name it, you feel like you are right there with him! It becomes so intense at certain parts that you can't put it down. All the spells, names, everything are so unique that it's very hard not to be interested. Quidditch is a totally different concept I could ever imagine reading about. A Quaffle, Snitch, Bludger, flying broomsticks. It all seems like the average witch/wizard thing to do but it's so much more than that! Who wouldn't want to board the Hogwarts Express after reading it! I have personally read this book 8 times and I still can't get enough! When I was reading this, I finished it in a couple hours, and I tell myself to read it slowly so I can let everything sink in. 


My favourite part would have to be near the beginning when Harry first finds out he is a wizard. Hagrid bursts through the little cottage door, a giant towering over the whole Dursley family, on Harry's 11th birthday. To be honest, I would have been scared shitless if I was Dudley ( For Dudley had sprung a pig's tail when Hagrid hit him with a spell)! I could feel the emotion that Harry is feeling. Relieved, ecstatic, excited. He finally got to leave the Dursleys.

Overall, It's an amazing read and I feel that anyone and everyone should give it whirl.






 

This is the best book trailer I could find.. I did not want to use the movie trailer because they change things up a bit... It's perfect because it doesn't give away any spoilers, so you HAVE to read the book to find out what else happens in the book! 




Here is the movie trailer! Many of you may have watched the movie, but I always
 like re-watching the trailers anyways (:
- The Elite Book Queen x



No comments:

Post a Comment